Application Security Engineering Lead
Position Title: Application Security Engineering Lead
Position Number: EAS-0246/Pune
- Technical lead for the Avocado Security Platforms innovative security and pico-segmentation components.
- Partnering with other lead developers, product managers and Sales Engineers for customer centric product and features delivery including definition, and development using agile DevOps.
- Delivering Enterprise grade, mission critical security, segmentation and business compliance modules for production deployment with quality and quick turn-around.
- Scoping and planning PoCs for the innovative application security technology products by working with Avocado Business Development and Sales teams.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong enterprise applications and database fundamentals.
- Strong architecture, design, prototyping and development skills of Application Security appliances like NGFW, WAF, DPI (IDS, IPS etc.), threat intelligence and analysis. Proven track record and experience in scaled-out distributed systems preferably for enterprise applications and security.
- Experience and knowledge of building scalable and efficient distributed systems based upon microservices architectures, strong algorithms, data structure knowledge, is a plus.
- Experience of delivering products for deployment for on-premise Datacenter and cloud centric SaaS environments.
- Strong development skills in multiple object oriented languages and frameworks, including C/C++, Python, Java Scripts or strong shell scripting under Linux and Unix environments.
- Hands on experience in Agile development methodologies and tools like Jira and continuous integration methods.
- Extensive debugging and investigative skills including writing proprietary debugging tools or using third party tools for debugging user space and kernel space applications. Application performance management, memory footprints and latency management experience a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills, team working and customer facing skills. Should be able to work with customers and internal engineering and product management teams for a fast pace development and deployments.
- Self-motivated and a great team player with strong communication skills internally and externally
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering with minimum 6 years of experience.