Senior QA Engineer – Application Security
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer – Application Security
Position Number: EAS-0245/San Jose
Testing leading Distributed and Deterministic application security platform for malware, Brute Force Attack, DOS Protection, SQL injections APTs, Zero day attacks.
- Troubleshooting problems which might be occurring in the: Physical network hardware; or possibly, in an external client, server, or network device.
- Working with other testers, developers, or professional services engineers to qualify and reproduce a problem.
- Accurately identifying, documenting and driving resolution of product defects.
- Works both independently and with senior engineers to understand product requirements, architecture and new feature designs
- Plan, implement and review tests and infrastructure that provide feature coverage
- System testing of a complex security product.
- Automated testbed operation and maintenance.
- Scripts debugging and writing.
- Implement new product features in lab environment.
- 2+ years professional experience in the testing and/or development of computer software, in Linux and/or environments
- Demonstrated experience in testing fundamentals. Writing test cases, creating test plans, owning defects from beginning to end, and test case automation
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams preferred
- DevOps experience with Chef, Puppet is preferred
- BA/ BS degree in computer/engineering related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience in writing scripts